Union Square Main Streets seeks an entrepreneurial, energetic individual to advance Design Annex, our social enterprise venture. The Design Annex Coordinator is involved in all aspects of the management and running of the Annex including promotion and marketing, member services, event coordination and administration.
* Develop and implement outreach campaign to potential members in the greater Boston area.
* Develop and host events including: networking events in partnership with professional associations, “lunch and learn” workshops for architects, “Design Crit” for designers to share works-in-progress, business development workshops
* Promote and host weekly “Open Coworking” event
* Maintain administrative and organizational systems
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
* Strong interest in community building. Maintains approach that makes others feel at ease and fosters participation.
* Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
* Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects. Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills.
* Familiarity with office computer programs and web-based communication tools.
* Familiarity with Boston area design organizations a plus.
* Background in adult education a plus.
* Reports to Executive Director.
* Works directly with Design Annex members.
* Interfaces with other design professionals, design professional associations.
* May attend conferences and conduct outreach through professional organizations.
* Has contact with the general public.
For more information about the Design Annex: www.dannex.org
To Apply: This a paid internship position of 10 to 15 hours a week. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements in a PDF or Word document to Mimi Graney, Executive Director, Union Square Main Streets at firstname.lastname@example.org